Horticulture Nuffield Scholarships 2016 (LP15000)
What was it all about?
This project provided funding to support three Nuffield Scholarships in 2016, which were awarded to Emily Rigby, Ross Pirrone and Mitchell McNab. Nuffield Scholarships are a chance for Australians in agriculture to grow their practice knowledge and a broad variety of skills, while heading overseas to study a topic related to their industry.
The three scholars and their topics of study are below:
- Emily Rigby investigated greenhouse production systems, specifically for subtropical climates, with a focus on low and high-technology protected cropping.
- Ross Pirrone studied advanced and cost-effective horticultural growing systems, with an emphasis on tropical and sub-tropical protected cropping technology.
- Mitchell McNab investigated innovative robotics technology for the horticultural sector, with a focus on implementation in fruit growing and packing operations.
For more information on Nuffield, visit www.nuffield.com.au.
- Watch the scholars present the findings of their studies at the Nuffield Australia National Conference:
- Access their final written reports:
At the time of writing, the final report for Mitch McNab was still to be published by Nuffield. You can check in on this at www.nuffield.com.au.