What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data stored on the user's device by the web browser while browsing a website. They can also be used to remember pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields, such as names, addresses, passwords, and payment card numbers.
Cookies perform essential functions in modern websites to enable a richer and more engaging experience.
Types of cookies used on our website
Our website primarily uses the following types of cookies:
Essential Cookies. These are cookies that are essential for the functioning of the site or to perform tasks requested by the user. Essential Cookies used on our websites may include the following:
- Performance Cookies. These cookies gather information about how visitors use the website and monitor website performance. For example, performance cookies tell us which pages are popular, monitor traffic to our website and compile anonymous analytic information. Performance cookies can also be used to identify and remedy operational problems with the website.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies are used to recognise and remember your preferences. For example, they allow websites to remember the user’s site preferences and choices they make on the site including username, region, and language. This allows the website to provide personalized features like local news stories and weather if you share your location.
- Third Party Cookies. These cookies are those that do not originate from the website operator, but from a third party – such as Google Analytics.
- · Session Cookies. These cookies are not stored on your hard drive but are rather kept in active memory. They are deleted when your session closes, or after a period of inactivity.
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies are used to identify you over multiple independent sessions. These are the ones the handle the "Remember Me" or "Keep Me Logged In" functionality.
- Secure Cookies. A secure cookie can only be transmitted over an encrypted connection.
Our Electronic Direct Emails (EDMs) may also contain cookies that track whether you open our emails and whether you click any links within them. The cookies used in our EDMs that monitor these behaviours are not stored on your computer or mobile device.
You may be able to avoid certain cookies by configuring your browser settings or opting-out directly with the party that operates and controls the cookie. Please check your browser settings for more information.
You can delete cookies by changing your preferences in your internet browser. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer, however some parts of the website will not function correctly if you disable or delete certain cookies.
Effective: September 2021