Collaborative food and wine market development project (HA20005)
What's it all about?
Hort Innovation is leading a collaboration between rural RDCs and commodity peak bodies across five sectors and leveraging industry-government partnerships with Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Austrade, and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The Australian Food & Wine Collaborators recognise the need to have a coordinated and common approach to how Australian agriculture presents itself in key markets. Each of the collaboration partners represents varying product categories and operates in differing sectors within international markets. These range from ingredients for further processing and distribution through to food service and direct consumer ready goods.
To deliver this, the project will:
- Deliver a platform to communicate Australia’s common positive attributes, develop common messaging about premium Australian food and wine in four markets and strengthen visibility of Australian branding overseas.
- Leverage the combined groups market intelligence to improve the promotion and positioning of premium Australian products
- Demonstrate leadership on utilisation of the “Nation Brand” materials to encourage uptake with other sectorial groups
- Increase trade and consumer awareness of the positive attributes of Australian food and wine
- Collaborate in nominated key events and activities to leverage market spend
- Demonstrate to Government that like-minded RDCs can collaborate effectively.