National Vegetable Extension Network (VegNET)
What’s it all about?
The VegNET program was established in 2016 to keep Australian vegetable growers informed about current R&D activities, results and resources – supporting the adoption of industry best practice and bolstering vegetable production in key growing areas across the country.
The program involves multiple Regional capacity building to grow vegetable businesses projects that fund the positions of industry development officers (IDOs) in key vegetable-growing regions.
The IDOs are responsible for the delivery of specialised events and distribution of R&D materials in those areas, and information gathering on future R&D project requirements.
YOUR LOCAL IDO
- New South Wales: Sylvia Jelinek (email@example.com)
- Western Australia: Truyen Vo (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Samantha Grubisa (email@example.com)
- Northern Territory: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Queensland (Bowen Gumlu and Far North Queensland): Eilis Walker (email@example.com)
- Queensland (Southern Queensland): Zara Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Queensland (Wide Bay Burnett): Bree Grima (email@example.com)
- South Australia: Yanyu Liang (Yanyu.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tasmania: Theresa Chapman (email@example.com)
- Victoria (Gippsland region): Bonnie Dawson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Victoria (South-East, West and North regions): Hugh Wardle (email@example.com) and Charles Wilkens (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contact your local IDO (above) to access the latest information and resources from their specific extension program and activities, as well as details of the events they run
- Keep a look out: the levy-funded Vegetables Australia magazine carries special features on upcoming events related to the program, and events are also communicated in other relevant industry channels
- Learn more in these videos:
This program is a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Vegetable Fund