Nursery industry statistics 2017/18 to 2019/20 (NY17008)
What was it all about?
Running from 2018 to 2021, this project captured the value and volume of greenlife production in Australia for the 2017/2018, 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 financial years. The investment follows on from previous project Nursery industry statistics and research 2016/17 (NY16004), which produced an initial range of data related to the volume and value of nursery production.
This iteration continued to support the collection and dissemination of data and produced updated versions of the nursery data tool, providing an ongoing resource for industry and allowing validation of the information over multiple years.
The project also produced a political, economic, social, technological, legislative and environmental (PESTLE) scan of the greenlife industry operating environment. The resulting Greenlife Market Report has proven to be a valuable information source for industry, being the first Greenlife Market Report since 2010.
Outputs and resources from this investment were also circulated via the industry communication project Australian nursery industry communications program (NY18001).
- Access the 2021 Greenlife Market Report
- The updated nursery data tool is now available. If you pay the nursery levy, email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy. Share your feedback! Hort Innovation invites all feedback on current and future versions of the data tool, for the purposes of future improvements in nursery industry data resources.
- Have a read of the 'Facts at a glance' fact sheetproduced by the industry's communications project. It uses data from NY17008 to give growers a snapshot of the nursery industry in 2018-19.
- Watch the Nursery Industry Data Tool Webinarrelating to the 2017/18 project period. It includes key findings of the 2017/18 survey, practical demonstrations of the tool and the benefits to growers and businesses.
- Listen to The Plant Pod podcastwhich interviews Jan Paul Van Moort of ACIL Allen Consulting to discuss the project and benefits to the industry.
- Take a look at the 2017/18 infographic produced by the industry's communications project. It uses data from NY17008 to give growers a snapshot of the nursery industry
- Read Benchmarking for Success which was published in the April 2020 edition of the Nursery Paper.
This project has been funded by Hort Innovation, using the nursery research and development levy and contributions from the Australian Government
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2021. The Final Research Report (in part or as a whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation, except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).