Australian onion industry communications program (VN18003)
What's it all about?
This project delivers effective and timely communications to ensure Australian onion growers and other industry stakeholders are kept up-to-date with the latest R&D outcomes, marketing activities, and other industry news and information. In communicating R&D in particular, the ultimate goal is to lead to practice change for growers, boosting productivity and profitability.
The regular communication channels produced and maintained by the project include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual magazine focusing on the latest R&D updates for onion growers
- Quarterly e-newsletter, The Onion Project, with relevant industry information
- Podcasts (audio recordings) highlighting industry R&D, marketing and other information
- Videos detailing R&D work
- Disease alert poster
- Case studies, to showcase practice change associated with the adoption of R&D
- Media releases and/or fact sheets
- Regional levy-payer meetings and corresponding grower walks/field days, held twice yearly, with details circulated in industry channels.
This project is a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Onion Fund