Supporting the adoption of best management practices for pistachio growers through on-farm demonstrations and regional discussion groups (PS20000)
What’s it all about?
This investment is all about bringing the latest in Australian and international research, best practice and technical information to the nation’s pistachio growers. The project delivers a range of activities and resources for pistachio growers that will assist them to adopt best management practices, leading to increased yield, quality and profitability.
Project activities include, but aren’t limited to…
- Maintaining and expanding the pistachio industry’s regional ‘Tech Groups’
- Facilitating field days and farm walks throughout each year in the country’s major pistachio growing regions, with involvement of Australian and international experts
- Compiling technical information from Australia and overseas into resources for growers, including presentations, ‘Seasonal Notes’ that are distributed quarterly, e-bulletins and more
- Updating of the industry website with new information
- Workshops for new entrants to the industry.
Information on upcoming events and Tech Group meetings are circulated in industry channels as details become available. You can also contact the Pistachio Growers’ Association at email@example.com.
This investment builds on the work of the levy-funded project Technology transfer for pistachio growers utilising regional grower tech groups and events (PS17002).
This project is a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Pistachio Fund.