Facilitating the development of the Australian berry industries (MT18020)
What’s it all about?
Beginning in 2019, this multi-industry investment is tasked with supporting Australian berry growers in adopting improved practices on-farm and keeping up to date with the latest industry news, information, resources and technologies.
The project delivers a nationally coordinated but locally implemented program which employs several industry development officers who provide specialist skills and knowledge. The role of the industry development officers is a broad one, with all activities geared towards improving the circulation and uptake of information with the industry.
- As well as extension activities, the project produces key communication channels for the berry industries, including: Quarterly magazine, Australian Berry Journal, with current and past editions available here
- The industry’s monthly newsletter that has information tailored to each crop as well as the latest across-industry R&D news (you can sign up for the newsletter here)
- The Berries Australia website, with industry news, information and resources for growers
- Fact sheets and case studies, as needed
- Berry plant protection guides for each crop
- Workshops across the country
- Webinars for growers.