Masterclass in Horticultural Business (LP15001)
What was it all about?
The Masterclass in Horticultural Business Course was developed under the Hort Frontiers Leadership Fund and fostered new innovators and leaders in the Australian horticulture industry. Best described as a ‘mini-MBA’, the Masterclass is a nine-month course where participants develop their business skills and build their own business plans for the future.
From 2016 to 2021, this investment delivered this course predominantly online, with several face-to-face sessions and field trips to some of Australia’s savviest horticulture outfits.
Since its inception, 112 horticulture professionals have participated in the Masterclass. Developing a business plan and applying knowledge and skills obtained during the course is consistently the most valued outcome of the Masterclass upon completion of the course and beyond.
The project has:
- Equipped participants with the leadership and management skills to underpin successful horticultural enterprises and industries
- Addressed a skills gap to meet existing and the future needs of the Australian horticultural industry
- Provided flexible delivery for distance participation
- Fostered innovative and creative thinking and engagement among participants
- Communicated new knowledge and approaches to professional development that supports the Australian horticulture industry through dissemination in professional and disciplinary conferences and publications
- Produced a nationally recognised and accredited qualification at the appropriate AQF level.
This project involves the apple and pear, cherry, nursery, summerfruit and vegetable levy, in addition to other funding sources, and is funded through the Hort Frontiers Leadership Fund
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2022. The Final Research Report (in part or as a whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation, except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).