This Hort Innovation Custard Apple Fund marketing snapshot has been taken from Hort Innovation’s Hortlink 2018, edition 1.
Hort Innovation is responsible for investing the custard apple marketing levy into a range of activities to grow awareness and consumption, under the Hort Innovation Custard Apple Fund.
Since the last edition of Hortlink, Hort Innovation has worked with industry to develop a plan of activities for this year’s season, building on the success of the industry’s consumer-focused social media and PR campaign from last year (summarised in an earlier edition of Hortlink here).
For 2018, the objectives are to…
- Continue to raise awareness and increase appeal for custard apples by focusing on the whole fruit with simple usage ideas
- Educate grocery buyers to help overcome current barriers to purchase, which can include lack of understanding about the fruit.
Media relations activity will involve the development of a comprehensive media pack to distribute to key media targets that will include a season press release with top tips, new recipe cards and a selection of images, with growers to be contacted for media interviews where possible.
For social media, the Custard Apples Australia Facebook page will continue to be the core platform for educating and inspiring custard apple lovers. There will be regular posts throughout the season, with a focus on three key themes…
- ‘Fresh’ – to educate consumers on the simple ways to enjoy custard apples with family and friends
- ‘Food’ – to inspire fans to get creative with easy usage ideas
- ‘Farm’ – to excite consumers with news and updates straight from the farm.
A new series of recipe assets will also be available to help deliver the custard apple message.
These marketing activities are strategic levy investments in the Hort Innovation Custard Apple Fund