Australian bananas consumer research and tracking FY21 (BA20000)
What was it all about?
In 2021, this short project conducted research into consumer perceptions and attitudes towards bananas. The project specifically:
- Measured overall attitudes towards bananas via tracking awareness, quality and taste expectations, perception statements and the health benefits that influence consumer behaviour
- Measured online purchase behaviour and satisfaction
- Tracked tagline effectiveness via tagline recall and impact on purchase behaviour
- Established purchase drivers and identified purchase barriers to help guide future marketing and communication initiatives
- Identified shifts in consumption habits and occasions.
The project findings will be used to inform future Hort Innovation Banana Fund marketing activities and will be available as insights for the banana industry at large.
View the 2021 banana consumer insights report.
This project was funded through the Hort Innovation Banana Fund using the banana R&D levy and contributions from the Australian Government.
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2021. The Final Research Report (in part or as a whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation, except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).