The Australian banana industry communications program (BA15005)
What’s it all about?
Running from 2016 into 2019, this investment was responsible for keeping Australian banana growers and other industry stakeholders informed about key industry issues and the latest R&D in a timely way. The ultimate goal was to facilitate the uptake of new information, technologies and practices – in turn helping growers forge more productive, profitable and resilient businesses.
The program produced and maintained key communication channels, including but not limited to:
- The Australian Bananas magazine, with digital issues accessible here
- Industry e-bulletins, sent at least twice per month but delivered more frequently as needed
- The Australian Banana Growers’ Council website, which was updated regularly with content
- The Australian Banana Growers’ Council Facebook page
- SMS notifications and phone calls to growers, used for urgent industry updates
- Video content to help convey information to growers, available through the Australian Banana Growers’ Council YouTube page.
The project was also responsible for media relations services, creating and distributing media releases and fielding media enquiries on behalf of the industry.
Industry communications continued to be supported by the levy, with the Banana industry communications program (BA18001) taking over from BA15005.
Levy-funded industry communications are sent to all known Australian banana growers. If you’re a commercial banana grower and do not currently receive industry e-bulletins, sign up at the bottom of the Australian Banana Growers’ Council homepage.
This project was a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Banana Fund