Banana industry communications program (BA18001)
What’s it all about?
This investment is responsible for keeping Australian banana growers informed about industry R&D and other news and developments in a timely way. The goal is to facilitate the uptake of new information, technologies and practices – in turn helping growers forge more productive, profitable and resilient businesses.
The program produces and maintains key communication channels, including but not limited to:
- The tri-annual Australian Bananas magazine, with digital issues accessible here
- Industry e-bulletins, sent at least monthly but delivered more frequently as needed
- The Australian Banana Growers’ Council website, which is updated regularly with content
- Social media, including the Australian Banana Growers’ Council Facebook page and industry Twitter account
- SMS notifications and phone calls to growers, used for urgent industry updates
- Video content to help convey information to growers, available through the Australian Banana Growers’ Council YouTube page.
The project is also responsible for media relations services, creating and distributing media releases and fielding media enquiries on behalf of the industry. As well, it assists in creating posters, fact sheets and other materials in conjunction with the industry’s extension program.
The Banana industry communications program (BA18001) follows on from previous investments in the communications space, including The Australian banana industry communications program (BA15005).
Levy-funded industry communications are sent to all known Australian banana growers. If you’re a commercial banana grower and do not currently receive industry e-bulletins, sign up at the bottom of the Australian Banana Growers’ Council homepage.
This project is a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Banana Fund