Avocado industry communications program (AV21004)
What's it all about?
Carrying on from the National avocado industry communications program (AV18003), this investment ensures the Australian avocado industry remains up-to-date with the latest R&D, marketing, emerging information, trends and issues both in Australia and overseas. By providing a consistent flow of relevant information, it keeps growers and other industry stakeholders in a position to make informed business decisions and best-practices changes.
A number of communication channels are produced and maintained by this project, including but not limited to:
- The industry’s quarterly Talking Avocados magazine, which is distributed in hard copy and uploaded to the Avocados Australia website, with editions available here
- Fortnightly e-newsletter Guacamole, with editions available here
- The Avocados Australia website, including maintenance of the industry’s Best Practice Resource (BPR), the online portal that includes training programs and other industry management content
- Industry social media channels
- Video content highlighting levy-funded R&D and how it’s being used on farm
- Media releases and other industry articles.
This project is a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Avocado Fund