National avocado industry communications program (AV18003)
What was it all about?
From 2018 to 2022, this investment ensured that the Australian avocado industry remained up-to-date with the latest R&D, marketing, emerging information, trends and issues both in Australia and overseas. By providing a consistent flow of relevant information, it kept avocado growers and other industry stakeholders in a position to make informed business decisions and best practice changes.
A number of communication channels were produced and maintained by this project, including but not limited to:
- The industry’s quarterly Talking Avocados magazine, which was distributed in hard copy and uploaded to the Avocados Australia website, with editions available here
- Fortnightly e-newsletter Guacamole, with editions available here
- The Avocados Australia website, including maintenance of the industry’s Best Practice Resource (BPR), the online portal that includes training programs and other industry management content
- Industry social media channels
- Video content highlighting levy-funded R&D and how it’s being used on farm
- Media releases and other industry articles.
This project was a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Avocado Fund