Developing technical guidelines and a best practice extension toolbox for greenhouse construction and safe operation (VG16004)
What was it all about?
This investment developed a suite of information in relation to building and operating greenhouses and other grow structures for Australian vegetable growers and the vegetable protected cropping industry at large.
The resources are housed at www.greenhousetoolbox.com and include fact sheets on…
- Safe management practices, including fire prevention and working at heights
- Local government approval processes
- Design requirements and considerations
- Access and egress requirements
- Other issues and common grower concerns.
The project also set out to develop a national greenhouse standard for inclusion in Australia’s National Construction Code (NCC). After industry consultation, the project’s Proposal for Change to the NCC was submitted to the Australian Building Codes Board in August 2017.
This project was a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Vegetable Fund