Industry development for the NSW turf industry (TU12024)
What was it all about?
New South Wales is Australia’s second largest producer of turf, just behind Queensland. This project, which ran from 2013 to 2016, set out to improve the profitability and professionalism of the NSW turf industry, as set out in the turf industry’s Strategic Investment Plan (2012-17). It targeted both turf producers and the turf maintenance industry.
Key outcomes included:
- The appointment of a NSW Industry Development Officer
- Increased engagement with turf growers
- Improved work practices in the sports turf maintenance sector
- Establishment of a single point of contact for the NSW turf industry
- Outreach programs and coordinated communication
- Development of a Chemical Training and Audit program for growers
- Improved turf industry recognition with local government and state authorities
- Increased exposure and recognition of the sports turf management industry with national and state sporting bodies
- Increased profitability and production through the extension of research and development program findings
- Increased exposure of the NSW Turf industry through regular reports in external turf industry publications.
This project has been funded by Hort Innovation
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2017. The Final Research Report (in part or as whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation (except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).