Processing tomato industry development and extension (TM20000)
What's it all about?
This project is delivering effective research, development and capacity building solutions to Australian processing tomato businesses, to improve profitability and sustainability.
The work builds on previous investment Processing tomato industry capacity building (TM17000) which delivered best practice information and supported awareness and adoption of R&D outcomes.
Specific activities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Increasing the reach of the processing tomato industry R&D program by engaging stakeholders in the R&D process, including on-farm trials.
- Effectively communicating R&D outcomes and industry information to Australian processing tomato businesses and assisting with adoption of relevant R&D.
- Being actively involved with the relevant stakeholders, including seed suppliers into Australia, to facilitate the importation process.
- Collecting industry benchmark data and statistics to help identify gaps and direct industry development efforts.
- Identifying, and securing where possible, other funding sources (including cross-industry projects) to support R&D and extension aimed at industry development.
This project is a strategic voluntary levy investment in the Hort Innovation Processing Tomato Fund