Extension of technologies and best management practices to the Australian table grape industry (TG19000)
What’s it all about?
This investment is ensuring that Australian table grape growers are kept informed about current R&D activities, results and resources – supporting the adoption of industry best practice and bolstering table grape production in key growing areas across the country.
To this end, this investment is supporting the employment of an industry development manager and industry development officer for the table grape industry. These roles are responsible for delivering industry development and extension services in a nationally coordinated, but regionally delivered manner. Their activities will focus on extending the reach of the table grape R&D program across industry and improving grower capability to adopt best management practices and new on-farm innovations.
Specific activities for the project team include, but aren’t limited to:
- Conducting workshop and field day sessions about best management practices and available technologies for growing table grapes
- Holding regional forums across the country where research updates are presented
- Developing industry tools (such as spreadsheets, manuals and videos) to facilitate the commercial adoption and adaption of research outcomes and extension of technologies from the industry’s research program
- Providing technical articles for inclusion in the industry’s communications program
- Producing fact sheets and videos to further extend information demonstrated at field days or other pertinent issues
- Fielding grower enquiries and undertaking farm visits to address issues and assist with adoption of new technologies and best practice
- Facilitating the feedback loop between industry and researchers to ensure that R&D investments produce relevant and accessible outputs, and that any industry needs or gaps in knowledge are identified for further research.
This project will work closely with the Table grape industry communications program (TG18000) to disseminate valuable information and resources, as well as advertise upcoming opportunities to attend field days and webinars. You can sign up for their communications here.
This project is a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Table Grape Fund