Management strategy for serpentine leafminer, Liriomyza huidobrensis (MT20005)
What's it all about?
This project is developing and delivering targeted R&D specifically for serpentine leafminer in response to the incursions detected in late 2020.
The project is building on the initial work of recently completed RD&E program for control, eradication and preparedness for vegetable leafminer (MT16004).
Areas of work include:
- Identifying and monitoring parasitoids
- Refining development and validation of surveillance and diagnostic protocols
- Using predictive forecasting to manage and assess the risk of serpentine leafminer
- Delivering an industry communication program
- Developing an industry management plan, grower guides and industry focused workshops.