Nursery industry statistics 2020-21 to 2024-25 (NY21000)
What’s it all about?
This investment is tasked with collecting a range of data related to the volume and value of nursery production – bringing together key statistics to allow nursery growers and the broader industry to make timely and effective decisions in planning and resource prioritisation, as well as track market trends and industry performance over time.
This investment follows on from the project Nursery industry statistics 2017/18 to 2019/20 (NY17008).
The project team reported progress in the following areas:
- Finalised survey and undertook primary data collection for greenlife production and supply chain for the 2021/22 financial year (information not for distribution).
- Collated and analysed greenlife data for the 2021/22 financial year (information not for distribution).
- Distribution of Nursery Industry Business Benchmarking Tool on 31 March 2023.
- Delivered reporting tool Facts at a glance: The Australian Nursery Industry 2020-21
- Delivered media release Growers urged to participate in crucial nursery survey
- Delivered newsletter Your Levy @ Work: October edition.
- Delivered multiple social media posts on the Greenlife Industry Australia Facebook page: view here.
This project is funded through the Hort Innovation Nursery Fund using the nursery R&D levy and contributions from the Australian Government.