Further development of the Garden Market Monitor (NY08015)
This is a final research report from Hort Innovation’s historical archives. Please note that as these reports may date back as far as the 1990s, the content and recommendations within them may be superseded by more recent research.
What was it all about?
The purpose of this document was to review and conclude the Further Development of Garden Market Monitor (GMM) project NY 08015 that had operated over the two-year period ending 30 June 2010.
During this period, under the two-year project, four reports on the domestic Garden Market were delivered. These reports covered the following periods.
- Garden Market Monitor - Year ending 30 June 2008
- Garden Market Monitor - Spring to 31 December 2008
- Garden Market Monitor - Year ending 30 June 2009
- Garden Market Monitor - Spring to 31 December 2009
During the life of NY 08015, the outputs were further developed in both refining the existing content as well as incorporating new content. This was undertaken to improve the relevance of the report and provide greater insight on the drivers of performance and future prospects of the garden industry.
The diverse audience of the GMM remain the stakeholders in the Garden market and of which the main groups were:
- Greenlife producers
- Allied garden product manufacturers and distributors who provide inputs to greenlife producers and products for resale through garden retail
- Garden product retailers
- Specialist Garden Centres
- Hardware retailers who offer garden products
- Supermarkets and Discount department stores selling garden products
- Direct-to-consumer channels (including bulbs, seeds and garden gift lines)
- Seed producers
0 7341 2493 7
This project was funded by Hort Innovation (then Horticulture Australia Limited) with the voluntary financial support of the nursery industry.
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2010. The Final Research Report (in part or as whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation (except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).