Analytics for mushrooms (MU12005)
What was it all about?
This project delivered data sets and insights which were used by the mushroom industry to assist in strategic and operational planning, to help mushroom growers make business decisions and to evaluate the outputs and outcomes of levy investments.
Over three years between 2013 to 2015, a range of purchaser, consumer, channel and behavioural data regarding mushrooms was collected, analysed, interpreted and reported. In total, seven discrete research projects tracked changes in market activity and buyer behaviour.
These generated deep insights into purchaser, consumer and market dynamics to benefit industry strategic and business planning.
These projects included…
- ‘Loose Mushrooms or Lose Shoppers’, a study of retailers and purchase behaviour including the changing dynamics of loose versus pre-pack mushrooms
- ‘Mushrooms – High, Medium, Low Consumer Analysis’, an exploration of mushroom purchasing behaviour, dynamics and opportunities across household segments
- ‘2014 Mushroom Monitor’, a detailed mushroom purchaser study looking at buying behaviour, usage in and out of home, knowledge and affinity, and barriers and opportunities
- ‘Australian Fresh Mushroom Market Profile’, a review of mushroom industry category dynamics, supply chain, retail activity and purchaser behaviour
- ‘The State of Mushroom Sales’, a study of channel, retailer and purchase behaviour
- ‘Mushroom Monitor Qualitative Research’, which involved consumer focus groups in Sydney and Melbourne.
The insight reports remain available behind the grower log-in on the Australian Mushroom Growers’ website.
This project has been funded by Hort Innovation
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited . The Final Research Report (in part or as whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation (except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).