Multi-industry export program (Vegetables, Onions and Melons) (MT21009)
What's it all about?
This investment provides international trade development support for Australian vegetable, onion and melon growers. The project is working to develop export markets, maintain viable export pathways, develop industry capability and achieve sustained export growth. This cross-industry collaboration is a first for the horticulture sector and will leverage the progress made under the Vegetable industry export program (VG16061).
The program focuses on building export capability and capacity in the vegetable, onion and melon industries, collating international market information for decision making as well as business development functions to uplift the ability of exporting growers to service a wider range of markets and channels and expand international trade opportunities in the future.
The export program comprises the following activities:
- Export skills and capability development
- Market planning and market entry
- Market engagement and trade facilitation
- Market intelligence and trade expansion
- Trade policy, protocol and risk management
- Communication and industry engagement
- Assistance, advice and resource development
- Export strategy implementation
With differing export maturity of businesses across and within the vegetable, onion and melon industries, tailored approaches and pathways will be implemented.