Mango industry communications program (MG21001)
What's it all about?
This investment is responsible for delivering effective and timely communications to ensure Australian mango growers and industry stakeholders are kept up to date with the latest R&D and marketing activities, as well as other industry news and information.
It is responsible for producing and maintaining a number of regular communication channels, including but not limited to:
- The quarterly Mango Matters publication, offered online here
- Weekly e-newsletter My Mango during the season, with current and past editions available here
- Monthly e-newsletter The Slice in the mango off-season, with editions available here
- Maintenance of the industry website, industry.mangoes.net.au
- Social media activity and other ad-hoc communication.
Sign up to receive My Mango, The Slice and Mango Matters via email, sign up here.
Two key activities achieved in this reporting period include:
- Four editions of The Slice and five editions of My Mango were produced.
- A biosecurity alert regarding Mango Shoot Looper (MSL) was developed.
Through analytics and tracking, readership figures have been included in the report to show the outcome of the MG21001 program thus far. The website has shown growth in users, as does the Facebook page. Analytics from the e-newsletters and quarterly magazine, show higher open and click rates than the industry averages.
This project is a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Mango Fund