Macadamia industry innovation and adoption (MC20000)
What’s it all about?
Beginning in 2020, this project is enhancing the adoption of innovation and technology, and facilitating capacity building, in the Australian macadamia industry. It supports the role and activities of a dedicated macadamia Industry Development Manager. This investment will continue the work completed through Australian macadamia industry innovation and adoption program (MC15004).
Activities facilitated by the Industry Development Manager and run through the project include…
- Capacity building through the delivery of regional grower groups, field days, consultant meetings and MacGroup workshops.
- Development and training through:
- Regional Masterclasses based in each major growing region that provide advanced knowledge on topical production issues.
- Innovators Program - a specialised forum to engage innovative and high performing growers through peer-to-peer learning groups and targeted study tours.
- Production of communications materials such as videos and content for industry publications that are intended to promote practice change.
- Providing advice and facilitating collaboration through representation in regional advisory meetings, extension planning meetings and project reference groups.
The Industry Development Manager is also responsible for undertaking constant engagement with growers and the wider industry, management of emerging issues, and the identification and development of new opportunities for the industry.
Notification of upcoming MacGroups, meetings and other program events are included in levy-funded Australian Macadamia Society channels, including on the website here and in industry e-newsletters (if you don’t already receive these, use the ‘Subscribe to AMS eNews’ green box on the AMS website).
This project is a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Macadamia Fund.