National macadamia grower communication program (MC15003)
What was it all about?
This project shared R&D and marketing outcomes and other knowledge with macadamia growers and other industry stakeholders from 2016 to 2018. This supported growers to adopt new practices and technologies, increase orchard productivity and profitability.
A number of regular communication channels were produced and maintained by this investment, including but not limited to:
- The macadamia industry website
- Quarterly Australian Macadamia Society News Bulletin magazines, containing key information and outcomes on levy-funded R&D and marketing outcomes, with issues available to download here
- Monthly industry e-newsletters, which you can find here at the industry website
- A variety of ‘e-blasts’ (short emails) on a range of topics, such as regional updates, event invites and other urgent information
- Hard copy mail-outs as required, including event invitations
- Production and distribution of media releases promoting industry events and activities
- Video content for the Australian Macadamia Society YouTube channel
- Biennial Australian Macadamia Industry Conferences.
The project worked in conjunction with the Australian macadamia industry innovation and adoption program (MC15004) to form an integrated communications program for the industry.
This project was a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Macadamia Fund