Hort Innovation is responsible for investing the table grape marketing levy into a range of activities to grow awareness and consumption, under the Hort Innovation Table Grape Fund. Here’s a look at some of the most recent activity…
- A refresh of current branding and materials has been conducted for upcoming activities to drive seasonal awareness and increase frequency of purchase.
- Looking forward, there are plans to drive provenance messaging and assist growers through print media and public relations in WA.
Promotional trade seminars
- After the success of last year, key markets of Korea, Japan and Vietnam have been selected to launch the season through promotional trade seminars. The engagement will provide a key relationship building tool with key trade members; buyers, importers, wholesalers, and food service decision makers.
- The 2017/18 campaign saw six key Asian markets conduct promotional activity under the Taste Australia banner, including events, public relations, in-store sampling and social media activity.
- In total, 37 retailers were engaged with instore sampling across all key markets.
- Looking forward, this season’s Table Grape campaign will continue to be conducted in key Asian markets.
Digital marketing in Japan
- A digital landscape study is being undertaken in Japan to understand what drives awareness, trial and preference for Australian table grapes amongst high-end consumers. The aim is to build a digital strategy using findings from the study.
- The study will support recommendations for positioning, key messaging and content as well as the best digital platforms including e-commerce.
These marketing activities are strategic levy investments in the Hort Innovation Table Grape Fund