This Hort Innovation Chestnut Fund marketing snapshot has been taken from Hort Innovation’s Hortlink 2016, winter edition.
The marketing program for Australian Chestnuts has focused on media with a second round of outreach in April 2016 to maximise coverage during the season. A wide scope of media received a chestnut season update and accompanying fact sheet and recipes, while 20 key influencer media also received a gift hamper with two kilos of beautifully presented chestnuts along with the 2016 chestnut recipe and information brochure.
The media campaign had a wide reach across the foodservice industry, rural and horticulture publications and consumer media (including press, online and radio), with high impact media coverage including:
- Five full pages in both Mindfood Magazine and Nourish Magazine
- One full page in Hospitality Magazine, plus online coverage
- Foodservice Magazine – online
- Cover of Taste Magazine with an online competition
- Article in The Land and Stock and Land – plus online
- Radio 2UE interview with chestnut grower David McIntyre (approx 6 minutes).
With final results currently being collated and to be reported on shortly, to date there have been 50 pieces of media coverage generated with a reach of over 853,000 people.
New recipes are currently being developed to be included in a revised brochure and media activities for next season, with a marketing plan to be tabled at an upcoming SIAP meeting.
These marketing activities are strategic levy investments in the Hort Innovation Chestnut Fund