Evaluation of new citrus varieties 2022-2027 (CT22000)
What's it all about?
This investment independently assesses new citrus varieties under local Australian conditions to provide objective performance data. This information supports decision-making within the citrus industry on whether to plant, market or sell or support a new variety.
It continues the work of the previous levy-funding project Evaluation of new citrus varieties 2017-2022 (CT17006) in supporting the citrus industry with information about new varieties.
The project team will:
- Access and test new citrus varieties for trueness-to-type
- Measure and evaluate the horticultural performance of new citrus varieties
- Continue to measure and evaluate the horticultural performance of new citrus varieties established in the existing citrus variety investment
- Establish and maintain international linkages with citrus breeding programs
- Generate data packages to help growers understand their variety options.
The program will work collaboratively with industry to disseminate insights generated through the program, including field walks, fruit variety displays, seminars, conference presentations and variety information sheets.
This project is a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Citrus Fund