National citrus communications program (CT10024)
This is a final research report from Hort Innovation’s historical archives. Please note that as these reports may date back as far as the 1990s, the content and recommendations within them may be superseded by more recent research.
What was it all about?
The aim of this project was to deliver and develop methods to maintain and improve the facilitation of national communications, improved coordination between regional and national industry development personnel, timely delivery and adoption of research outcomes, and leadership in information management and exchange.
Through the project, Citrus Australia Ltd employed or contracted dedicated resources to assist in the implementation of required strategies to achieve the desired outcomes of the project.
Key outcomes of this project included:
- Effective communication about the national levy program including input into the development of the industry annual report.
- Management of the industry publication Australian Citrus News (ACN) including editorial coordination with the publication’s editor to assist with editorial direction, submission of reports and checking copy.
- Redevelopment and maintenance of the industry website enabling the Australian citrus industry to access industry information, production resources, industry updates and general news.
- Development and implementation of a national levy payer database integrated into redeveloped and interactive industry website.
- Coordination, publication and distribution of Season Update, a monthly industry resource.
- Development and distribution of Citrus eNews, fortnightly e-newsletter on current industry projects and issues.
- Key role in the coordination of the citrus industry annual conference including preparation of all communication material including sponsorship proposals; delegates’ registrations; conference program; ACN articles; conference proceedings; website updates; and, media releases.
- During the life of this project, three annual conferences were held:
- Citrus Australia National Conference held in Hervey Bay, Queensland on 31 October to 3 November 2010;
- Citrus Australia National Conference held in Nuriootpa, South Australia from 23 to 26 October 2011; and,
- Citrus Australia National Conference held in Leeton, New South Wales from 21 to 24 October 2012.
- Review and update national citrus industry communications strategy.
- Production of e-bulletins, media releases and other publications.
Targeted and effective communication of key project outcomes of the new 5 year Australian Citrus Industry Strategic R&D Plan 2012-17 was a major priority going forward and accordingly, strong collaboration and cross-linkages with the industry research and extension network and key industry program areas such as market development, market access, market information and biosecurity were essential to ensure effective delivery of information.
0 7341 3186 0
This project was funded by Hort Innovation (then Horticulture Australia Limited) with the financial support of the citrus industry.
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2013. The Final Research Report (in part or as whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation (except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).