Chestnut industry communications program (CH18000)
What was it all about?
Strong communication and technical support is vital for chestnut growers and other industry participants to be able to make informed decisions when facing future challenges and opportunities. From 2019 to 2022, this project kept the industry up-to-date with the latest news, R&D outputs and other key information through a variety of channels.
Activities of this program included:
- Production of industry newsletter Chestnut Industry News, published twice a year in print and digital form and available via Chestnut Australia’s levy payers’ area
- Quarterly industry updates via Australian Nutgrower magazine
- The running of industry farm walks and workshops with details provided via industry communication channels
- Maintenance and updating of the Chestnuts Australia Inc website, chestnutsaustraliainc.com.au, as well as social media, including Instagram (@chestnutsaustralia)
- Delivery of ‘email blasts’ – mini e-newsletters sent in between the months that Chestnut Industry News is distributed
- Collection, collation and dissemination of industry statistics, detailing national planting and production information for the industry, with this information available in a new section in the levy payers’ area of the industry website.
This project was a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Chestnut Fund