Avocado industry development and extension (AV17005)
What’s it all about?
This extension project is responsible for delivering a range of events and resources to help the avocado industry access, understand and implement best practice information. This includes information from current and previous Hort Innovation Avocado Fund R&D investments. The ultimate goal is to help improve orchard productivity, fruit quality and overall profitability.
Project activities include…
- Delivery of face-to-face events spanning regional forums, workshops for new growers and resellers, advanced management workshops and study tours
- Engagement with wholesalers to extend information on fruit handling best practice and other industry information
- The supply of information to industry consultants, for further distribution to industry
- Reviewing of key industry practices and scientific literature
The project is also responsible for delivering hard copy and online resources for growers, including…
- Avo Alert emails – monthly reminders sent to all growers, specific to each major production region, providing prompts about the orchard activities that should be considered in that particular month and the month ahead
- An updated Avocado Problem Solver Field Guide
- New and updated content for the industry’s Best Practice Resource (BPR), as well as new online forum for Q&As within the BPR
- Instructional posters and videos
- Information on phenological cycles for new varieties and production regions.
- Find details of all of the project’s events in the levy-funded Guacamole e-newsletter or visit the Avocados Australia events calendar
- Sign up for the project’s free Avo Alert emails by contacting Avocados Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login or request access to the Best Practice Resource and all its resources here
For more information, contact Avocados Australia Industry Development Manager Liz Singh at email@example.com or on 0499 854 111 (Mon-Thurs), or Simon Newett at the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07 5381 1326
This project is a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Avocado Fund