Australian Avocado benchmarking program development (AV11026)
This is a final research report from Hort Innovation’s historical archives. Please note that as these reports may date back as far as the 1990s, the content and recommendations within them may be superseded by more recent research.
What was it all about?
The purpose of this project was to undertake research and provide reports on:
- A tool to avocado growers to achieve Australian best practice
- Assist the Australia avocado industry to identify how it performs (re financial and productivity) compared to other global competitors
- Assist Avocados Australia Limited to compile data / information relating to specific aspects of avocado production,
- Provide a mechanism through which AAL and R&D organizations are able to identify those areas where R&D investment is most needed
- Provide a tool to growers and industry to allow them to calculate the benefits (or otherwise) of R&D and grower initiated adjustments to business practices.
This report provides the first industry report outlining the findings of collecting data from 55 avocado growers distributed across all eight growing regions as these regions are identified by Avocados Australia Limited (AAL). Information herein is collated from records and input specifically about the business practices, performance and outcomes of the participating businesses in the 2011-12 financial year.
0 7341 3639 0
This project was funded by Hort Innovation (then Horticulture Australia Limited).
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2015. The Final Research Report (in part or as whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation (except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).