5th International Symposium on Edible Alliaceae and the 2nd World Onion Congress study tour, Netherlands, October 2007 (VN07001)
This is a final research report from Hort Innovation’s historical archives. Please note that as these reports may date back as far as the 1990s, the content and recommendations within them may be superseded by more recent research.
What was it all about?
The 5th International Symposium On Edible Alliaceae held in the Netherlands in October 2007 was organised in order to be able to supply global industry information and networking opportunities for interested parties in Australia. The Australian study tour group organised to attend the symposium aimed to improve the knowledge base of the Australian industry and gain perspective on developments in science, marketing and the global industry as a whole.
The focus of the study tour was to:
- Realise results and current research activities being carried out by researchers from various nations.
- Liaise with global industry leaders and establish a network for the development of the Australian industry
- Observe cultural growing methods used by foreign markets
- Gain insights and perspectives into the global onion market situation
- Seek information on global trends and future opportunities for the Australian
- View foreign market activities
- View current and new onion varieties for possible use in the Australian market
- Visit growers and packers and gain insight into there operations.
This project was funded through Hort Innovation (then Horticulture Australia Limited)
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2008. The Final Research Report (in part or as whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation (except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).