Avocado Data Management and Quality Innovation and Extension Program (AV15004)
What was it all about?
Spanning from late-2015 to mid-2017, this short project facilitated and delivered a program to support quality improvement across the Australian avocado industry.
Specific activities undertaken included:
- Infocado reports which measured the volumes of avocados dispatched and forecast to be supplied. These reports can be accessed on the Australian Avocados website, with weekly and quarterly reports available.
- Weekly Retail Price Reports which were produced and delivered for the duration of the project. To read more and access these reports, visit the retail pricing section on the Australian Avocados website.
- The delivery of annual OrchardInfo reports which monitor industry capacity and inform medium-long term production outlooks.
- Maintenance of the avocado industry Best Practice Resource (BPR), available at www. avocado.org.au/best-practice-resource (login details required).
- Qualicado workshops in eight regional and five metropolitan centers.
- Facilities checks with packers, ripeners and wholesalers.
Access the Best Practice Resource (BPR) on the Australian Avocados website (login details required).
Watch these two videos produced:
978 0 7341 3969 6
This project was a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Avocado Fund
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2017. The Final Research Report (in part or as whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation (except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).