Assisting the development of the Australian melon industry (VX02001)
This is a final research report from Hort Innovation’s historical archives. Please note that as these reports may date back as far as the 1990s, the content and recommendations within them may be superseded by more recent research.
What was it all about?
The Industry Development project was developed by industry representatives to address these core issues and constraints. The key role of the project was to enable priority strategic issues to be defined, actioned and resolved by the industry by addressing these challenges. As such, components of the project included:
- The facilitation of the development and annual review of an industry strategic plan
- The facilitation of working groups to progress the projects identified by the strategic planning
- The development and maintenance of an industry database to facilitate communication
- The facilitation of technology transfer activities including field days, conferences, workshops
- and distribution of relevant publications
- Regional grower group and industry group alliances for improved production planning and
- market development.
0 7341 1264 5
This project was funded by Hort Innovation (then Horticulture Australia Limited).
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2006. The Final Research Report (in part or as whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation (except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).