Australian onion industry communications (VN15002)
What was it all about?
This project delivered effective and timely communications to ensure Australian onion growers and other industry stakeholders were kept up-to-date with the latest R&D outcomes, marketing activities, and other industry news and information. In communicating R&D in particular, the ultimate goal was to lead practice change for growers, boosting productivity and profitability.
The project was supported by Communication support on VN15002 – Australian onion industry (VN15003) which provided funding to Onions Australia to facilitate work with the communication program’s external provider, and to deliver event management for the industry, including grower walks and conferences.
The regular communication channels produced and maintained by the two projects included, but weren’t limited to:
- The Onions Australia website
- The Onions Australia annual magazine, with past issues available to download here
- Monthly e-newsletters from Onions Australia, with past issues available to download here
- Podcasts (audio recordings) highlighting industry R&D, marketing and other information, available to listen to here
- Videos detailing R&D work, available here
- Layers hard copy newsletters, distributed three times annually
- Social media, via the Onions Australia Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Regional levy-payer meetings and corresponding grower walks/field days, held twice yearly, with details circulated in industry channels
- Industry conferences, with details circulated in industry channels as they become available.
This project’s work has been continued by the investment Australian onion industry communications program (VN18003).
This project was a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Onion Fund