Turf Industry Development Project (TU11015)
What was it all about?
Western Australia is isolated from the main turf production and maintenance areas elsewhere in Australia and climate, soil characteristics and water issues are significantly different for producers.
This project, undertaken over five years from 2011 to 2016, provided tailored industry development services for the WA turf industry to improve capacity, profitability and professionalism.
It aimed to enable better uptake of research and development, good business practices, improved marketing and to aid in the compilation and provision of valuable information on the turf industry and its benefits for various stakeholders.
- The appointment of a WA industry development officer
- The development and delivery of seminars
- Convening of relevant industry conferences
- Direct engagement with industry
- Researcher liaison
- Turf sector engagement
- Regular communication, including through two new websites assisted by the funding in this project
- An industry education program
- Development and use of an effective industry database.
Together, these activities have improved the ability of the WA turf industry to cope with significant economic, social and environmental changes by helping to inform various stakeholders and increasing the professionalism and profitability of local turf growers.
This project has been funded by Hort Innovation
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2018. The Final Research Report (in part or as whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation (except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).