Export market access, maintenance, biosecurity and developing export markets for the Australian table grape industry (TG14000)
This Final Research Report has restricted access.Request access
What was it all about?
Beginning in 2014 and concluding during 2017, this investment was established to improve and maintain market access for Australian table grapes in overseas markets. A key focus was on direct engagement with growers and exporters to develop export readiness and industry knowledge, and engagement with existing, new and potential markets and importers.
Among its activities the project…
- Supported industry attendance at international trade events, including the Asia Fruit Logistica trade show, the Gulfood expo in Dubai and the SIAL Food Trade Show in China.
- Organised and coordinated importer tours, where importers from key export markets were introduced to the Australian table grape industry and taken to visit growers, packers and exporters to build business-to-business relationships.
- Delivered tools, including the industry’s online export registration and mapping system. The online system continues to be enhanced and enables growers to register table grape properties for accreditation to export to Asian markets, replacing the old paper-based registration and accreditation process.
- Developed export readiness for table grape growers, including the delivery of export protocol workshops and other training, the supply of an export manual, and the provision of market intelligence and export statistics to growers (contact the Australian Table Grape Association for more on these).
- Supported other market-access activities, including facilitating industry participation in strategic meetings and programs with the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources and relevant state government authorities.
Export activities are continued by further investments in the Hort Innovation Table Grape Fund.
This project was a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Table Grape Fund