Potato industry communication program 2016-18 (PT15007)
What was it all about?
Communications delivered via this investment aimed to grow awareness and on-farm adoption of the results of levy-funded projects for the Australian potato industry, inspiring growers to take advantage of R&D results and adopt new practices in their businesses.
A number of regular communications channels were produced and maintained by this program, including but not limited to:
- The bi-monthly Potatoes Australia magazine, with past editions available to download here
- The industry’s Weekly Update e-newsletter, with past editions available here
- The InfoVeg portal
- AUSVEG social media updates, including on Twitter and Facebook
- A potato industry video series, released as ‘InfoVeg TV’ episodes here
- The annual Grower Success Stories publication, which profiled growers who incorporated R&D into their growing operations for peer-to-peer learning – you can access past editions here.
The project also maintained an industry contact database and was responsible for media relations activities, including the production of media releases and contribution to external publications as needed.
This project was a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Potato – Fresh Fund