Potato industry communication strategy management and implementation (PT12004)
What was it all about?
This project, which ran from 2012 to 2015, ensured that potato levy payers and other key industry stakeholders were provided with information regarding the outcomes of all relevant R&D projects and other industry news, issues and data.
Throughout the project’s three-year lifespan, service provider AUSVEG used a range of traditional and contemporary communication tools to ensure the communication strategy devised was implemented effectively.
- Publication of the e-newsletter Weekly Update
- Publication of the annual Grower Success Stories booklet
- Media relations for R&D-related news, including media releases, Twitter and contributions to publications
- Publication of brochures on the national potato levy
- Stakeholder relations and additional industry communications
- Establishment and maintenance of an industry R&D database and photographic library.
The bi-monthly magazine Potatoes Australia (at the time managed through PT12019) was a key vehicle to communicate R&D projects and information in a clear and easy-to-understand manner, and to interpret and condense the key elements of new research, projects, news and events for potato levy payers and a broader industry audience.
This focus on clearly communicating levy-funded R&D outcomes encouraged the uptake of R&D on-farm.
This project has been funded by Hort Innovation
Copyright © Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited 2016. The Final Research Report (in part or as whole) cannot be reproduced, published, communicated or adapted without the prior written consent of Hort Innovation (except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).