Communication and adoption program for the Australian chestnut industry (CH16000)
What was it all about?
Strong communication and technical support is vital for chestnut growers and other industry participants to be able to make informed decisions when facing future challenges and opportunities. This project kept the industry up-to-date with the latest news, R&D outputs and other key information through a variety of channels.
Activities of this program included, but weren't limited to:
- Production of industry newsletter Nuts & Burrs, published three times a year in print and digital form and available via Chestnut Australia’s levy payers’ area
- Quarterly industry updates via Australian Nutgrower magazine
- The running of industry field days, farm walks, regional grower meetings, workshops and other meetings as required, with details provided via industry communication channels
- Maintenance and updating of the Chestnuts Australia Inc website, chestnutsaustraliainc.com.au, as well as social media, including Instagram (@chestnutsaustralia)
- Delivery of ‘email blasts’ – mini e-newsletters sent in between the months that Nuts & Burrs is distributed
- Collection, collation and dissemination of industry statistics, detailing national planting and production information for the industry, with this information available in a new section in the levy payers’ area of the industry website
- Production of technical fact sheets and newsletters, available from Chestnut Australia’s levy payer’s area.
Communications to the chestnut industry have continued through the project Chestnut industry communications program (CH18000).
Sign up to email communications, if you don’t already receive them. Chestnut levy payers can register their details with Chestnuts Australia at email@example.com.
This project was a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Chestnut Fund