Hort Innovation is responsible for investing the summerfruit marketing levy into a range of activities to grow awareness and consumption, under the Hort Innovation Summerfruit Fund. Here’s a look at some of the most recent activity…
- A refresh of current branding and materials has been conducted for upcoming activities to drive seasonal awareness and increase frequency of purchase. These new brand assets will feed into this year’s launches and includes brand guidelines, a logo, slogan and other visuals.
- In addition, new recipes and accompanying instructional videos have also been created to feed into the social and PR campaign.
- A social and PR campaign will drive seasonal awareness and increase frequency of purchase. This season’s activity will target mass media publications and will focus on engagement and grower content. An ambassador will also be used to target key consumer groups with specific messaging.
Retailer quality project
- In partnership with retailers, a project has been set up to investigate the factors that contribute to consumer demand of nectarines and peaches, such as:
- Consistent supply to consumers of high-quality fruit
- Consumer promotion, education and messaging
- Differences across target groups
- The upcoming China co-promotions will support Australian exporters and growers to implement effective marketing activities to drive awareness, trial and overall sales of Australian summerfruit products in China. This activity aims to support the following objectives:
- Support industry in the launch phase of Australian summerfruit into China
- Implement promotional activities targeted at premium consumers and retailers, closely linked with the supply of quality product
- Build awareness and establish a premium positioning for Australian summerfruit in China by delivering on a taste and value proposition.
- This season’s Summerfruit campaigns will be conducted in three key markets; China, Thailand and Malaysia.
- The marketing campaign will cover a broad range of activities such as a season launch in China, consumer facing event collaboration in Thailand and Malaysia, in-store sampling and support in the social space through various media and PR channels.
These marketing activities are strategic levy investments in the Hort Innovation Summerfruit Fund