Almond industry innovation and adoption program (AL19001)
What’s it all about?
This project is helping to deliver technical advice to almond growers, promoting best practice and facilitating the adoption of R&D. It is tasked with identifying and developing initiatives to address the capacity-building requirements of the industry.
This iteration of the project has a particular focus on delivering services at a regional level to ensure best-fit for local needs and stakeholders, while also being part of a national approach that is strategic and coordinated based on industry needs.
Specifically, the investment continues to support the roles and activities of the Almond Board of Australia’s industry development team including:
- Industry Development Manager, Deidre Jaensch (email@example.com)
- Senior Industry Development Officer, Josh Fielke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Industry Development Officer, Ben Wilbin (email@example.com)
- Farm Manager for the Almond Centre of Excellence Experimental Orchard, Anthony Wachtel
At a broad level, project work for the industry development team has and will continue to include:
- Industry fields days, workshops, tours and training initiatives, which are advertised in industry channels
- Input into the industry communications program
- Production of fact sheets to take knowledge from projects to growers
- Global scans of relevant R&D to keep industry aware of international developments
- Face-to-face and other direct engagements with industry participants
- Establishment and management of demonstration plantings at the Almond Centre of Excellence, in conjunction with other projects, to promote best practise
- Support for and participation in other industry R&D projects as required
- Engagement across a range of R&D and industry committees.
This project is a strategic levy investment in the Hort Innovation Almond Fund