What are the implications and opportunities of changing consumer behaviours and attitudes for Australian horticulture growers as we evolve through COVID-19?
From Hort Innovation's Brain Dates webinar series for growers
1pm, Thursday 28 May, 2020
30 minutes duration
Register for this event
- Register here
- We'll send you the link for the online webinar
- We'll send you a reminder on the morning of the webinar
This live webinar will make sense of the current consumer market environment for horticulture growers. Using the latest behavioural and attitudinal data collected and funded by Hort Innovation, the session will explore how consumers are responding and adapting to the ‘new normal’ created by the COVID-19 pandemic. The session will identify and highlight the implications of the consumer market environment changes for growers, while exploring both the short and long-term opportunities that the situation presents.
What you’ll discover
- Key consumer behavioral changes regarding the purchase of fresh produce at retail
- Consumer sentiment and attitudes around their priorities for fresh produce and other lifestyle drivers
- Understanding the difference between short-term impacts and the path to resuming to a ‘new normal’
- Strategies and opportunities for you to act on at the business level to meet the needs of consumers and market conditions now and into the future.
- Welcome and introductions to the guest presenters
- Harvest to Home information and Q&A with Mel Norris on key insights and learnings
- Understanding changing consumer trends and Q&A with Cori Hodge
- Synthesising the insights and learnings into opportunities for growers to act on
- Open Q&A
- Summary and closing – where to find more information and ‘what’s next’
Meet the host and guest presenters
Adam Briggs, Head of Data & Insights, Hort Innovation
Adam drives Hort Innovation’s Data & Insights function. He leads the management of the industry analysis R&D portfolio and the undertaking of investment analysis, and supports the delivery of the Monitoring & Evaluation Framework.
Mel Norris, Associate Director, Nielsen
For more than a decade, Melanie Norris has used Nielsen consumer research to guide the FMCG and fresh industry on the latest consumer trends, and has uncovered real growth opportunities for countless clients. An expert in fusing multiple data sources to provide a holistic view, Mel has delivered her unique perspective to clients across the total fresh space including produce, meat, seafood and bakery. Mel is also passionate about seeing health and wellness trends translate into consumers increasing their fresh food consumption in Australia.
Cori Hodge, Director, Fiftyfive5
Cori is a Director at one of Australia’s leading brand and research consultancies, Fiftyfive5. His role is to help brands and organisations unlock growth through customer-led strategy. Cori has worked on a range of categories with Hort Innovation, including mushrooms, summerfruit, blackberries, raspberries, pears, and onions. Leveraging customer insight, he is a brand and positioning strategy expert and has a strong understanding of consumer trends and challenges.
Act now: View projects and resources related to this event
The Harvest to Home platform is a collaboration between Hort Innovation and Nielsen, and is funded by a range of industry levies. COVID-19 updates relating to fresh produce can be found at the top of the Harvest to Home main page here.
Can't attend but would like to see the recorded webinar and the Q&A outcomes?
Let us know by sending us an email and we'll send you all the information after the event.
About the Brain Dates webinar series for growers
Hort Innovation’s Brain Dates webinars connect you with the people closest to the research and investments you want to know more about. Each short online session features subject matter experts, project delivery partners and Hort Innovation staff discussing key topics, opportunities and challenges for horticulture growers.
Grab a cuppa and attend a live session to ask questions and discover essential insights and tools to implement in your business today. Webinar recordings are also be available after each event if you can’t join us live.