Request for Proposal
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and capable delivery partner for the project: Where will all the trees be? An investigation into changes in urban canopy and likely future urban greening trends based on state and LGA indicators (NY19001).
The objectives of the services being sought are to assist Hort Innovation:
- Research the following areas:
- Trends in urban canopy cover, including changes over time at the state and local government level (LGAs). This will update the findings of the previous research, report on 202020 Vision progress and act as the baseline for forecasting urban greening.
- The aspiration level of urban LGAs with respect to urban greening.
- How well the community is engaged in urban greening and the level of demand for additional urban greening.
- How existing statutory and non-statutory instruments are likely to influence the future increase or decrease of urban green space, looking particularly at land use controls.
- Predictions of how items 2, 3 and 4 above will impact the baseline tree cover and trends identified in item 1.
- Develop a report encompassing all the above and overlay with commentary on what this means for the future of urban greening in Australia, including predictions of where all LGAs and major cities will go.
- Develop a rollout and engagement strategy that incorporates existing 202020 Vision channels and stakeholders.
- Based on the research and accompanying report, produce simple, front-facing communications which can be used across a range of relevant audience types.
- Ensure all outputs build upon and align to the previous 202020 Vision program deliverables and outcomes.
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties. The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this information).
The closing date for responses is 5.00pm (AEDT), 30 September 2019.