Request for Proposal
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and capable delivery partner for the project: Vegetable Strategic Agrichemical Review Process (SARP) report updates (VG18004).
The objectives of the services being sought are to update the vegetable Strategic Agrichemical Review Process (SARP) reports that were last updated in 2014, through the process of a desktop audit. This will involve the following activities:
- Review list of priorities ranked as high, moderate and low for each plant pest group (disease, insects and weeds). Information will be provided by the project Vegetable agrichemical pest management needs and priorities (VG16060) run by AUSVEG
- Update current pesticides available via label registrations or minor use permits
- Update available pesticide use patterns, IPM ranking/compatibility, mode of action and chemical group
- Identify pesticides at risk (under review and/or limited uses) using project Regulatory support and coordination (MT17019) run by AKC consulting
- Identify any appropriate solutions through the outcomes of the AgChem Forum or similar market intelligence and their overall suitability (IPM compatibility, chemical group to manage resistance, risk profile, existing domestic Maximum Residue Limits (MRLs) or global MRLs including any potential trade barriers, efficacy, OH&S, environmental safety and sustainability)
- Include known pesticide solutions that are currently under development with registrants for new uses in the nominated crops or in current Hort Innovation projects
- Update MRL tables to include Australian MRLs, Codex and any export market MRLs.
The results of this process will provide the vegetable industry with future sound pesticide usage that the industry can pursue for registration with the manufacturer, or minor use permits with the Australian Pesticide and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA).
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties.The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this information).
The closing date for responses is 5.00pm (AEST), 21 June 2019.