Request for Proposal
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and capable delivery partner for the project: Supporting the adoption of best management practices for pistachio growers through on-farm demonstrations and regional discussion groups (PS20000).
The objectives of the services being sought are to:
- To ensure that pistachio growers have access to the latest technologies, innovations, information and knowledge through the provision of provide practical “hands on” extension activities (events, discussion groups and field visits) that leads to practice change through the on-farm adoption of best management practices in a sustainable and profitable manner.
- To ensure that pistachio growers across the industry have the opportunity to achieve a range of specific industry key performance indicators (KPI’s) as follows;
- Yield: 85 per cent of mature orchards achieve an average yield of 7.5kg/female tree (3,000 kg/ha), with the industry achieving an upward trend in yield.
- Quality: improvements in overall quality, increased nut size, reduction in “blanks”
- Plantings: increased area of plantings at 5 per cent per annum.
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties. The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this information).
The closing date for responses is 5pm (AEST), 18 May 2021.