Request for Proposal
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and capable delivery partner for the project: Strengthening cultural and biological management of pests and diseases in apple and pear orchards (AP19002).
The objective of the services being sought is to deliver a practical, cost effective pest and disease management system that reduces reliance on chemicals through biological and cultural options in apple and pear orchard systems.
To do this, the secondary objectives are to:
- Identify, address and extend gaps in cultural practices that attract and support orchard biodiversity for low input pest and disease management.
- Collaborate with PIPS project Improved Australian apple and pear orchards soil health and plant nutrition (AP19006) to build soil biodiversity and health as a cultural practice for soil disease management.
- Demonstrate the efficacy of biological control of major pests and diseases, such as codling moth, light brown apple moth, apple scab and root rot.
- Identify and demonstrate tools for measuring the impacts of orchard cultural management practices on plant health, yield and quality.
- Communicate findings in a clear and practical format to growers and wider industry.
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties. The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this information).
The closing date for responses is 5.00pm (AEST), 20 April 2020.